Sunday, March 25, 2007

1 more week?

Its starting to hit me now that I'm actually moving. I started the move today by moving some of my things into my new flat in East London. I was fortunate to have a month overlap between flats without having to pay pay for both places. Of course I wait until the last week to move! (I have an excuse though since I had 2 wonderful guests last week) Hopefully this time next week I'll have all my stuff out of the old and into the new flat.

Its weird moving because its like I'm leaving a little part of me behind. With all these boxes surrounding me, I get those flashbacks in my head on how it was like when I first moved in. Its like the ones on TV where they play old episodes in the past to mimic a flashback.

I'll never forget when I first started to unpack when I first moved in. I remember it really hit me that I finally moved here. I was surrounded by boxes during that time too, and I actually got quite homesick and sad, and I remember calling someone back home right away because of it!

Now here I am 19 months later with a completely different perspective in life.

I'd say 2 years ago I felt I had other priorities in life, whereas now, that has completely changed. I wanted other things back then, and now that's completely different. I'm doing things that I never thought of doing and I'm enjoying it completely. I'm hardly homesick anymore, (Although the homesickness is helped with the steady amount of visitors this year!) and I'm always looking forward to the next new city I'm going to visit, or the next new activity that I can try out.

I think moving house is going to be a good thing. A new beginning that's for sure. A new fresh start with a new perspective and of course more importantly, cheaper rent!

1 comment:

Renato Tosoc said...

Good luck with the move!!