Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Deep Breath...

and breathe out....

Things have been pretty manic. Its one of those rare occasions when I can just sit and relax.. I can finally can enter a rare blog entry.

Well, a much needed breath of fresh air is upon me with Easter break! I love Easter break in London because not only do you get Friday off, but as well as Monday!

I've taken advantage of this each year with trips to Rome and Athens. So why not three-peat? Istanbul, Turkey here I come!

Short visit
In other news, it was good to have visitors from the States, old and brand new friends, its always nice to show people around London. Its fun too when people stay over. So who's next? =)

Goodbye
Goodbye old friend. It was nice working with you. My mate and I started in the same team and now he's moved on to another company. He was probably one of the only colleagues that I actually consistently hung out with outside of work. Best of luck to him and I hope we continue to hang out despite the fact that we now have different employers!

Toilet paper
After more than 2.5 years, I finally used up all my toilet paper I brought from the States. Right before I moved over from the States I bought all this toilet paper from Sam's club. Hard to believe that I bought so much that it lasted more than 2.5 years!

Just joking homeless man
Now this is probably the worst things I've ever done... but it was really innocent I swear. My mate and I were having drinks outside a pub. We noticed this guy, who "appeared" to be homeless sing and play his guitar. He made his way to us and asks us..

"Hi, I'm collecting money so I could find a room to stay at tonight"

My response:

"Why what's wrong with the street?? ...... Oh just joking!!" (but it was too late, the damage was done. FWIW, he laughed!)

My mate's jaw dropped. "Chris!! There's a time and place to joke around.. this is not one of them!"

Yeah I was an ass. I should have at least gave him some of my change. There was no excuse to my remark, but to be fair, he was carrying a nice guitar and had decent clothes... and.. and... he smelled good??

Must repent. Oh, and Happy Easter!

4 comments:

liss said...

ha... thats pretty funny. im a big fan of impropriety.

Roy said...

What a deliciously inappropriate joke! Good thing it's Holy Week for you. Repent!

Abby said...

happy 50%-off-easter-candy-and-decorations day!!!

dboyas said...

that was a Sean move! .. lol