Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pardon my French...

After wrapping up my long career with my old company, (more on that later), what better way to take some time off in between jobs!

After over 9 years in one company, I decided to take a break. 1 day and a weekend to be exact. Sad isn't it. Bad planning I call it!

Anyway, it was nice to get away and the destination was Paris. Why?

First, its easy to get to. None of this 2 hour before departure stuff and long queues at security. You can turn up 30 min of departure, check in, go through security and sit on the train. Its perfect.

Second, I didnt' want to hit a city that required much sightseeing. Luckily I've been before, so I wanted to get away from London and just relax.

Third, I'm learning French, so why not apply what I've learned!

It was a good and memorable trip. We spent the weekend mostly cafe hopping. I did get to experience a lot of Paris that I haven't seen. The St Germain De Pres and Le Marais neighborhoods were my favourites. I also fell in love with the Place des Vosges. We also hit destinations that I always wanted to check out such as walking on Pont Neuf, Pont des Arts, wandering around Montmartre, and visiting Musée d'Orsay.

There's just something about being able to hit a city, take in its culture, and relaxing. It was only a 3 day visit, but well worth it.

No comments: