Monday, February 05, 2007

Friends and Football


oh bears. you break my heart. maybe next year. but fulham, you stole my heart, when can we see each other again?

In any case, it was a really fun weekend. There's nothing like friends back home coming to visit. I don't know what it is. I'm a totally different person when I'm around friends back home. Its this strange "natural high" and I revert back to my goofy, corny, happy self.

We even went to an actual Football match! We went to watch the Fulham Football Club take on New Castle! An experience that was well worth it! We sat in the home side facing the 2nd half goal. So all the scoring too place right in front of us! By the end of the match, we knew all the songs and various chants! One chant being "USA!! USA!!" (There are three Americans in the team, one being McBride who scored!) What's ironic is that you can't take any alcohol into the stands! You only have a little section to drink, and have to stay "within" the yellow box or else you get in trouble! =)

Its been a long time since I had a really all-around "fun" weekend in London, and this was one of them. Very memorable, exciting, and outright hilarious. Hope to repeat again next weekend by visiting a friend in Amsterdam! Third time is a charm!

No comments: