Sunday, January 28, 2007

One of those weekends..

Ah yes. Sunday. Known to be the loneliest night of a bachelor's life. Well, that's what CVC and I claim at least. Probably the reason why you've seen a trend where its probably the day of the greatest likelihood that I'll enter a blog entry.

I get all introspective on Sundays for some reason. Perhaps its the time where most of the day I'm at peace and its probably the least hectic day of the week.

Two main things come to mind.

1. I feel like I'm still behind the curve with my social circle. You would think after a year and a half I would have constant plans with different people. But still have the coworker crowd. Which is ironic because I never hung out with coworkers in the States! But I'm working on it. Still in yoga, and with this new improv thing, hopefully the network grows a little. Not to take anything away from the coworker crowd of course! I just need some quality bonding time. Quality laughs and productive story sharing.. I miss that.

2. Other interests. I tend to immerse myself with work. I mean, really immerse. Perhaps that's my thing? I got to get a "new thing." I find it sad that during the weekends I think about "work" and even bring work home! I have to find another thing to be passionate about. Maybe this Improv thing will work out. Was also looking into Salsa as well.. being the geek I am, I downloaded Salsa Podcasts.. HA! I think the big thing for me is to just get out there. Time to be proactive.

I feel part of me hasn't adapted yet to this country. I've adapted in a sense of adjusting to the style of living. But I'm still in this weird social "mindset" that I'm here temporarily and am keeping myself from making lifelong friends. Its hard to explain. I guess I just haven't "bonded" with anyone here.. well, for the unique exception of the wonderful city of Roma... If I can only find that here..

4 comments:

RC said...

Hey, maybe you should get a Wii! check out http://origin.arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/wii-honeymoon.ars

they say the Wii can get you girls.

Unknown said...

Improv...nice. Anyway, have fun. Wise man say, " You must learn to graze where you are tethered."

RC said...

oh no, the wii has gone mainstream. that's how you can meet people: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,249505,00.html

ExPat in London said...

i heard Conan beat Venus Williams in Wii Sports Tennis =)