Sunday, September 30, 2007

I fail to be inspired.

Delete delete delete....

I start typing.. and then.. hit it again...

Delete delete delete....

Since I fail to be inspired lately, I'm just going to work on some free association (i.e. ramble) and record my latest experiences so I can look back at it in the future.

Today I spent most of the day in bed. Hungover. I was thinking about how I should really appreciate this time since I can actually do this - In bed, doing nothing, being lazy, sleeping, and catching up on episodes of Californiacation with no worries in the world.

I'm annoyed by this choppy p2p feed of the Bears game. Not exactly HDTV. Instead, pixelated, choppy video, using a program that crashes once in a while, viewing the game on a 12 inch laptop screen.

Impro has started again, but most of the "players" I started with from the beginning did not sign up for another term. =(

While some of my friends will be enduring probably one of the toughest mental and physical challenges of their lives next weekend in the Chicago marathon, I will be drinking copious amounts of beer in Oktoberfest in Munich. Best of luck to all of them. I wish I was there to support all of you, but instead I'll raise my stein of beer to celebrate your successful finish!

The problem with the indoor smoking ban in London is when you go to a very packed club like Tiger Tiger. The air circulation is so bad you can really smell the BO and vomit. Ironically, I prefer the scent of cigarettes smoke.

I wish I was in Chicago to celebrate the Cubs clinching the division. Instead I take it all in by reading all the articles I can find and searching for images/video capturing the celebration on the internet.

I've watched two foreign films in the last month. Not just on DVD, but actually going to a proper theater! Nothing like trying new things!

I enjoyed the 5 hour visit from Heidi and Jenny last night. They "stopped by" in a layover on their way back to Chicago. Activites included: Fries at BK, hitching a ride in a cycle rickshaw, drinks at Hakkasan, walking aimlessly, and Chinese food. Sorry for my drunken ramblings!

And finally, I bought my tickets back home for the holidays for half the cost I paid last year! Speaking of which there is an American Airlines Europe Fare Sale going on right now! $428 + tax to London. That's cheap! So come and visit!

2 comments:

big said...

it was $298 + tax a couple of weeks ago. that's cheap! sadly, my funds are low right now...but still planning another visit early next year!

ExPat in London said...

kristine mentioned that. Its hard to believe! At least now I know how low the prices can go! Weather is a bit crap tho. =(