Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tube strike and 2 years

You don't really know how important the "underground" or tube is in London until you experience a tube strike.

Luckily I live in the docklands and take the DLR into work. I transfer to one of the lines that are affected, but I also have the option to walk instead of a transfer.

10 lines or about two-thirds of the tube network are affected by the strike and you can really see the difference. Traffic is absolutely crazy, and the sidewalks are full of so many people walking to work. I think its estimated that 3.2 million people use the underground to get to work. The tube strike is considered the worst in a decade!

In other news, last Friday marked my two year anniversary since my move from the States. I have a handful of goals in mind that I'll probably list here for sake of reference in the future:

Travel Hitlist:

  • More Italy: Florence, Naples, Pompeii

  • More Spain: Bilbao, Toledo

  • France: The Alps!

  • Istanbul, Turkey

  • Edinburgh, Scotland

  • Lisbon, Portugal

  • One of the Scandinavian countries



That's my shortlist anyway. If possible, I'd like to hit one of the major Asian countries. Another visit to the PI, and perhaps a stop over to visit an old colleague in Tokyo. We'll see.

There are other goals as usual. Take more fun classes, just like impro. Picking up a new language such as French/Italian is in the works, maybe cooking courses, or more acting!

Of course, I'll try to keep up the blogging as much as I can! Here's to another year of memorable experiences!

Thanks again to all my loyal readers.

4 comments:

Abby said...

not sure if i mentioned it to you already but jeff and i will be in munich for oktoberfest oct 2-9. join us if you can? :)

robyn michele said...

very similar situation here in Chicago. it was diverted here though with a few million from the state ...

RC said...

ten days without a post ...

ExPat in London said...

abs - Munich. done.