I think its funny because I mentioned a tube strike. Ironically, I despise the tube. I've discovered London's bus system. As much as possible I take a bus to work, and in fact, almost anywhere I go. Most of the buses I take are the "double-decker" type and I love sitting on the top. The good things about taking the bus?
- Its relaxing. It takes you from point A to B without an armpit in your face. Instead I can read a magazine or book in peace.
- I'd say I get a seat 99% of the time and don't have to stand. (with an armpit in my face)
- Cleaner air!
- Its not sweaty and hot.
- Slower pace. You're not surrounded by other people that are always such in a hurry getting on and off the tube, and running up the escalators.
As for travel, I did hit 30% of that list I posted from last year. Notably, Florence, Istanbul, and fulfilling my Scandinavian requirement, Stockholm, Sweden. Speaking of which....
Sweden trip summary:
- Food was amazing. I did have "Elk" meat and tried "Reindeer". I also had Swedish meatballs with lingonberries!
- The archipelago was absolutely beautiful. A 7 hour boat ride took us pretty far east from Stockholm and witnessed really cool houses on small islands, wildlife, and an unforgettable sunset.
- The Vasa museum is a must see!
- Not as many blondes as I thought, but boy are people really tall!
- And no, I didn't visit Ikea. In fact, I didn't even see one. Although our hotel felt like a picture from their catalogue!