Sunday, April 09, 2006

Eat a dick.

Back in university my roommates and I would have this running joke:

Roommate: Hey man, you hungry?

Me: Yeah man, I'm freakin' starving

Roommate: Really? You should go eat a dick.

It never got old. So far in my life, I can honestly say that I've never eaten a dick. Until now.

Let's review British cuisine:

1. Yorkshire Pudding (yet to try)
2. Shepherd's Pie (yet to try)
3. Gammon Steak with Egg (Gammon is ham) - tried this last week.
4. Bangers and Mash (yes)
5. Fish and Chips (yes)

But there is also desserts or "puddings" as well. One of which is:



Yes, indeed. Spotted Dick. For the first time I've had spotted dick.

The past few times I have gone grocery shopping, I noticed people would buy spotted dick. I was hesitant at first to buy dick, but I figured, why not? What could I loose in buying dick? Spotted dick that is. So I took the risk and bought spotted dick for the first time. I only wanted to buy one spotted dick, but each package came with two spotted dicks.

After having a nice steak I decided to have some spotted dick. I read the directions and I had to heat it up because its good to have it warm and moist before you eat it. And why not? I didn't want to have a cold spotted dick. After heating it up, you have to take a knife and cut it out of its package. So I took the knife and cut out the spotted dick and put it on the plate.



Hmmm.. not bad. But unfortunately, the spotted dick had too many spots! I didn't like how it had too many raisins! So I can honestly say that I didn't enjoy the spotted dick! So where did this funny name come from? You can check here! In any case, its always fun to try something new!

No comments: