Monday, October 23, 2006

Ceili !!

Adding another item to "things I wouldn't have done if I didn't move to London" would be the Ceili I attended on Friday.

What a blast. What is a Ceili? It's a traditional social dance in Ireland that is more/less square dancing. Add some alcohol and its a great time.

There was about 200+ people in a huge room, some of them drunk, dancing to the Ceili band. Its quite hilarious because you start with one partner, but eventually, you dance with every single person in the room. It could be a guy or a girl! They could be tall, short, fat or thin. You don't really get to choose!

There was one point I was dancing with a girl that was over a foot taller than me. That was quite interesting!

The best part is when you have to grab hands, face each other, and spin in a circle really really fast. This definitely doesn't help when you've been drinking!

I think I'd do it again for sure.

2 comments:

Renato Tosoc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Renato Tosoc said...

Or was that the dance in National Lampoon's European Vacation when Griswald started a riot?