Monday, January 15, 2007

Free Association

I have to admit.. its been a long time since a really good blog post. I've been in a weird blog funk lately... so I'm hoping that some free association will start to get me out of the funk.. So alas, some free association... some stream of consciousness action...

...I walked all over the place yesterday trying to find a Pub that was broadcasting the Bears playoff game... couldn't find anything..This popular "Football" pub was broadcasting a Dart Competition.. URGH.. After some research I did find Sports Cafe in Piccadilly Circus.. I may have to hit that next weekend and make some Expat friends!
Luckily, thanks to the internet, I was able to catch it streaming live online for free!

...The news in the UK are much more informative than in the States. Every time I turn on the TV there is ALWAYS something on that is educational or informative.. There is a special on Antarctica right now!...

...Circle of friends - Went out this weekend, a week later from the bday bash.. and it was really different. I was surrounded by a lot of friends and family just the week before... and I went out again this weekend with my "1" coworker/friend... its so strange not to be surrounded by so many friends and family.. makes you really appreciate friends and family...

...These dating sites - I still think its weird. Its so unnatural. But you know what.. I'm still sticking with it...

...Lots of alone time here in London - whereas if I were in the States, I'd be sure to phone up someone for dinner or hang out with someone at some point during the weekdays.. social calendar is much more busier.. gotta do something about it..

...I really need to sign up for another extracurricular activity - I've been here for almost a year and a half and I'm still not meeting as many people as I want. I'm having fun.. but need a bigger circle...

...Have to plan another trip outside of London.. I'm behind the "Travel pace" I was on last year! ...

...Snogging in London you say??? Yes. Finally... =)

Perhaps a "What to accomplish in London in 2007" blog entry is in order...

2 comments:

dk said...

Here's a question to ponder...what would you do if you just found out that you only had 6 months to live? You only have 6 months. What would you do in this period of time? Maybe the answer to this question will help you and all of us become more motivated and become a "no limit" person. I encourage you to make a list of whatever it is you're interested in learning, achieving, and simply doing. Then just start signing up and doing them.

Also, remember this. Alone time is a good thing. You are never truly alone wherever you are. You have yourself. You are your own companion and what a great companion it is as who else would you want to love more than yourself. When you like yourself, others will see follow and be attracted to you too. Stay true to your beliefs and values. Live with purpose.

Your friends and family are never that far away. We're only a few thousands of miles away by plane. We're one quick phone call away. You'll never lose your friends and family, so with that comfort in mind, be free and explore the world and your inner self. Nothing is stopping you.

ExPat in London said...

I appreciate what you are saying Dave.. Carpe Diem! Just signed up for classes to pick up where I left off in Chicago.. back to Improv acting!