Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Happy New Year! Back in London...

Wow, I got to blow off the dust on this thing. First apologies for the lack of updates. Since I was on holiday, apparently so was my blog. =)

But I’m back in London to start off the new year!

As I could only assume, it is yet another dreary, cloudy day here in London. The sun was quite shy today only showing itself for a mere 5 minutes.

The plane ride was a bit rough. I tried to overdose myself with Benadryl so I can fall asleep, but to no avail. You know why? Because the person next to me “elbowed” me like 500 times!

I mean seriously, I’m not big on personal space, but if you are going to sit next to me on a plane, please keep your body parts to yourself and stay in your seating “area.”

The flight was about 7 hours, and for some odd reason, I had the unfortunate luck in sitting next to an old lady that wouldn’t stop elbowing me.

She would move around in her seat, and poke me with her right elbow every single time. If it wasn’t her elbow it was her feet. She would try and get into a comfortable position in her seat without any respect for my personal space. Her legs would literally cross over my sitting area and I would have to kick her legs out of the way!

The worst part would be when I’m right at that point of falling asleep when her elbow picks an opportune time to poke me and lose any hope of getting some rest.

This happened way to many times and believe me, if it wasn’t for the fact that she could pass for my grandma, I would have yelled at her.

Not only that, I was wearing headphones to block out any noise, but for some reason, she would try and talk to me! God bless her soul, but lady, if I have headphones on, and have my eyes closed, you can assume that I don’t want to be bothered!

Anyway, sorry if I sound so cranky, but taking a red eye flight for about 7 hours and going straight to work isn’t very pleasant!

In any case, it was fun again visiting Chicago, and Vegas for that matter. Thanks to all that made it out to TenPin on Saturday. The next morning was really rough thanks to all the shots. But really, thanks for all the love, I dearly appreciate it. Nothing is more special than being surrounded by good friends and family on my birthday. Thanks for coming and thanks to Big and Kristine for setting it up! I miss everyone already.

All the pictures I have taken throughout my whole stay are up on my fotki site. Check it out when you get the chance!

1 comment:

Renato Tosoc said...

You should have knocked that old lady's teeth out. If she had any. Soooorrrrry.

Fun times while you were here!