Monday, July 09, 2007

It's over.

I guess it wasn't meant to be. At first I didn't know what to expect, but it was worth trying anyway. It was something new. Something I hadn't experienced for a while. Going into it I didn't know how long it would last. It was complicated. I would honestly think about it a lot and sometimes it was torture. I didn't know how faithful I was going to be, but I had to end it this weekend. The situation presented itself, and it just felt right to do.

I ended it all in Gundel!

I mean seriously? What better place to end it all then one of the 1000 places to see before you die? How could I leave this place without ending it?

One look at the buffet display and I was like...

How could I not eat meat in Budapest? Let alone one not eating it in one of the nicest restaurants in the city?

And man it was good... I forgot how filling beef/veal/pork could be!
The first thing I noticed was the texture! Yeah, it was only a little over 3 weeks, (if you don't count the one time I cheated) or 10 straight days, but still!

Yeah, perhaps I should have cut out the fish and ate less pasta/noodle dishes, but hey, I opened up my appetite to dishes I normally wouldn't have tried!

I think I'll try it again one time.. next time perhaps a true "vegetarian" (no fish, embracing vegetables) instead of a "no meat" diet! =)

And don't get me started on dessert...

2 comments:

dk said...

chris,
alls i gots to say is that you are one studly badd motherfucker!!!
enuff said.

Renato Tosoc said...

That's more like it