Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Meeting someone within a month and getting married.

No not me, but someone else. On my way to a meeting about UK and US taxes, I meet someone that works at the bank that use to live in the US. She goes on and tells her life story. Basically, she moved here three years ago and the first month she's here she meets a British guy and eventually, they hit it off and get married! All within the month she moves here. Can you imagine that. Not to say that's what I'm looking for, but talk about fate. At first I was under the impression that she came here to be with him, but in fact, she met him here.

What I found more interesting was how she commented on how hard it will be if I moved back after a couple years. She talked about how you are use to how things were when you left and when you finally do go back your mindset will be stuck at the time you left. You think things didn't change, but in fact they do. Even simple things like cultural references, such as TV you will be way behind. Which I find some truth in because everything here in the UK runs a season behind, so watching reruns of Alias or 24 is not as exciting.

In any case, it was interesting to hear her view since she's traveled and worked abroad multiple times. She also said that my mindset will change living here and when I do go back I will really think differently about things and how things are done in the US compared to how they do it here. It's all interesting to hear now since I've only been here a month.

Life is such a strange thing. I keep thinking to myself how crazy life has taken me to this point that I live in a different country away from family and friends.

Plants
So I have two plants at my place. One I inherited which looks like its about to die. Another I bought, a bonzai tree. The last plant I had at my place in Chicago died. I suck at teh plant caring. But you know what, they are going to survive this time. You know why? I'm not watering them with regular tap water. Nope. I'm watering them with Brita. Yeah dood. Filtered water.

Loud Filipinos
For all those filipinos that actually read this, you ever notice how loud some of them are? I mean seriously, I go to family parties and my uncles are right next to each other and they still yell at each other. Its not like they are mad or excited, its just that they are loud naturally! Why do I bring this up? Well, at the tax meeting today, there is a kitchen next to it so they can serve food and snacks for the meeting rooms. Guess what I hear? Loud ass filipinos speaking tagalog. Then on my way home, I'm walking down the street, and yet again, I hear this loud filipina walking her kid and talking to her older son. At first I think its me because I can pick up and understand the language, but in fact, they indeed are really loud. I just think its funny. I want to hear a loud filipina with a british accent. Where is she?

Guttafraclcutta
This is the wireless network that pops up on my laptop and desktop. SHARE YOUR WIRELESS!!! So greedy. =) Its password protected and I admit, I spend time trying to crack it but I fail miserably. I guess if I've survived with dialup for this long, I can wait another month until everything gets setup. URGH!

baseball
GO BOSOX. White sux can suck it.

2 comments:

Renato Tosoc said...

yes, filipinos are loud and obnoxious and annoying. silly flips. what. so you're gonna marry that filipino british chick from the restaurant, huh? talk about fate. you'll be able to laugh at that story on your wedding day at the castle. what. ok bye.

Renato Tosoc said...

and OMG, you're on dial up??!!!