Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Repeat After Me

So I have four channels. All BBC channels. I'm still waiting to setup my Sat TV, so I don't have much of an option. But I have a confession to make. When I watch TV, I listen to these Brits talk, and I try to immitate their accent. I literally repeat what they say. It's good practice just in case I want to pretend I'm actually from here. For example:

When you see these numbers how would you pronounce it?

0800 33 55 66

American:
"Zero eight hundred, three three, five five, six six."

That's very inefficient.

I've learned to say it the brit way.
"Oh eight, double oh, double three, double five, double six."

See. Isn't that cool? hahahaha.

Zeros are "Ohs" and anytime you see the same numbers next to each other than use double or triple. Just like above.

That goes for letters too. So there is this spelling show I watch on TV. How would you spell "dazzle" out loud?

American:
"Dee", "a", "zee zee", "el", "e"

Brit:
"Dee", "a", "double zed", "l", "e"

Haha. Zed. What a weird way to say "Zee"

For those car buffs out there.. how would you say "TT" or 350Z ?

"I drive a double T" hahahaha.
Or
"I drive a Three-Fifty Zed" LOL.

Good stuff.

Football
No, not American Football. Soccer! England won their Group today over Poland. Yeah that's right. I'm watching Soccer. (Football) Watched the last 2 games that England has played. Yeah I even know some players.. of course Beckham, then you got Cole, Wayne Rooney, and Michael Owen. I found myself cheering too. Good times. We've qualified for World Cup in Germany next year! (We - England, weird)

Baseball
Go Angels!

No comments: