Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hey Sox fan!

In hopes of curing the post visit hangover, my mate and I went to check out Gorgon Ramsay's new pub: The Narrow near our area. (Which by the way, is good for a drink, not so much for the food.)

Anyway, as we sat down, and I immediately heard a distinct American voice sitting next to us. As we continued to order and discussed my visit to Chicago, and the many activities that I took part in, I was suddenly interrupted!

"Sorry to be so rude, and I apologise for totally interrupting your dinner, but are you from Chicago?"

I thought to myself, no, she's not being rude at all! I embraced her courageous attempt to bond with another American!

"Yes. Yes I am."

"I thought so!"

Obviously she was totally eavesdropping, because as we continued on our brief conversation, she mentioned:

"I'm a Sox fan! I actually used to live about 4 blocks from Wrigley!"

She must have overheard my explanation that Wrigley Field was basically a big beer garden.

As she was leaving, we had the usual banter of Cubs vs. Sox. What would have typically been a rude interruption during dinner, was a nice pleasant surprise and made my night.

3 comments:

dk said...

god bless those fellow sox fans! they're everywhere!

GO SOX!

RC said...

... and then I removed her knickers?

Renato Tosoc said...

did you snog her