Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Post Visit Hangover

I hate this feeling. Its strange because its one of those emotional feelings where you feel it physically. Every time I come back from the States, I get some level of this "post visit hangover" and for some reason, the level is a bit higher than normal.

I can't explain the reason right now. I think its because it was so much fun when I was back. It was a crazy schedule trying to see everyone I could in such a short amount of time. So apologises if we didn’t get a chance to meet! For those that I did see, it was nice seeing and catching up again! My support system back home is so strong and my social circle is amazing.

I come back here, and it’s a bit tougher because even after almost 2 years, it’s been hard to establish anything close to that. Sure, I have friends back here, but it hardly compares to what I have back home. I know I’ve written this before, but it’s so true and it becomes evident every time I visit. I am truly blessed with the family and friends I have.

The reoccurring question that I got while I was back home was: “So when are you coming back?”

I don’t know the answer to this question, and my default answer was:

“Probably 2 more years.”

These post visit hangovers seem to make that timeline sooner than later.

I just have to get into “career mode” again which seems to solve these post visit blues.

But, all in all, it was so nice to hear all the good news that’s for sure. New home owners, a new marriage, new engagements, and new relationships – all life changing events among old friends, and it was so nice to hear everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

dk said...

don't worry about those bluish feelings. we'll see you very soon in less than 3 weeks!

RC said...

you know what they say: east london is a vampire! it sucks the joy right out of you.