Monday, August 20, 2007

Back in London

Back home safely.

The past 2 weeks went by so fast. As always, I wish I had more time to spend with friends and family. Apologies for those I didn't get a chance to see. Maybe next time in December!

I think this last trip is starting to make me realise what is important in my life. I think priorities in life change from time to time, and I think for me, a shift may happen sooner than later. Its harder and harder to leave Chicago each time I visit. I thought it would be more easier after each visit but it doesn't.

Coming back each time I see how things have changed. Each time I come back things are a little different. It could be a friend's new purchase of a home, a new relationship developing, or even as simple as the awning changing in my favourite tapas restaurant! When I leave for London for months at a time, its easy to think that things don't ever change. But they do. And its strange not to be part of it.

Overall, it was a very fun and hectic 2 weeks. It was nice to experience a bit of summer since it never arrived here in London. And most importantly, its was nice to spend time with friends and family.

2 comments:

Renato Tosoc said...

see you next time, buddy!

dk said...

start calling the moving company and your real estate agent now. LOL!