Sunday, January 13, 2008

And the year begins..

Fresh new year, fresh new start.

Time for new year's resolutions.

After a year goes by, I like to look back and reflect on what goals I've achieved. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and a bit of purpose. Unfortunately last year's post I forgot to list what I wanted to accomplish in London last year.

Well, this time, I'll go out on a limb and list some things and see where I fair at the end of the year!


  • Play Golf. I brought my golf clubs back to London. Time to use them and work on my game. Where I'll play? How I will lug my golf clubs around without a car? Dunno. I'll figure it out.

  • Ride my bike. I moved it to London with me, but after more than two years, I have yet to use it. I'll start with recreational riding. That is, if London gets a summer this year.

  • Read more. I'll be bold and say I'll finish 7 novels before the new year. Some may say that's a small number, but that's averaging 6-7 weeks a book. I'm a slow reader. I bought all these books and they are just sitting on my bookshelf. If I cut down on my webs urfing time, this goal should be attainable.

  • Pick up a new skill. Proper Cooking? Salsa? Haven't figured this out yet. I've been searching for classes to take, but to no avail.



I'll try and continue with the usual suspects: traveling, working out, and well, improv. Improv is a bit up in the air. I'm looking for another way to express my artistic side: perhaps creative writing or another form of theater.

In any case, at least I'll have this post to reflect on 12 months from now and see where I stand!

No comments: