Thursday, September 22, 2005

My first visit to a coffee shop and internet cafe.. well not really.

So after talking to my sis I decided to go out and just get out of the apartment. I wanted to just chill at a coffee shop and read. Or at least pretend to read and just people watch. Anyway, I went on a jog a couple days ago and discovered this new coffee shop down the street that I really wanted to check out. When I ran past it looked really quiet and empty. Perfect.

I get ready and bring some good reading material hoping I can just chill, read and have a hot chocolate. Anyway, I'm walking on my way there, imagining how it would be like, thinking of things to say if someone approached me or if *gasp* I had the courage to approach someone else.

As I get closer to the coffee shop, all I see are bright lights, loud people and this whole production. It looked like they were filming some talk show and projecting it on a huge screen. This was not something I pictured at all! I walked passed pretending that I was just walking by. Then halfway down the street I walked passed again in the other direction just to check it out. Did I go in? No!! It was so loud and people were drinking and filming. So I continued on.

Then I realized there was an Internet Cafe on the other side of the street. I discovered this place a couple weeks ago when I got lost. I figure I could go on the internet and spoil myself with a broadband connection.

I walk past again. Sure enough, lots of people, loud, and drinking. So weird. I guess its because the internet cafe was connected with to a bar/restaurant. Same routine. Walk past pretending I'm passing by, then walk past again going the other way. People were all dressed up in suits and dresses. Must have been a work function. Oh the sad failure to go out.

Anyway, I decide to walk home because I had to go to the bathroom. At least I got a nice evening walk out of it. Maybe next time I'll try again.

Sorry if this read was worthless, but hey, that's what happened. What would you have done? All I wanted was a quiet Starbucks to read and chill!

Cost of Living
So I finally found a place that sells contact solution. I found the two kinds that I was familiar with, regular size bottles. Guess how much? About 10 pounds sterling! That's about $18.00. For a bottle of contact solution! Sheesh. So I bought some solution I never heard of. Hopefully it doesn't burn out my eyes.

1 comment:

Abby said...

you should've gone into the coffee shop and thrown yourself into a table and chairs. that probably would've cause a loudER noise. right now i'm picturing you burning your eyes out. im LOLing in my cube. i think its time to go home. good read!