Friday, December 16, 2005

Wow, that was fast.

108. That's how long I've been here. 3. That's how many days I have until I go back to the States. 5. That's when I'm back in sweet home Chicago.

Wow, that was fast.

I can tell you now, looking back, I've made the right decision. 3 months is nothing.

I think next year should be more interesting since after I come back from the States it will be a longer stay. Double that probably. I won't be home until the summer I suspect. But I think as time goes on, things get a little bit easier.

I honestly thought it would be much worse. I thought I'd be miserable. All alone, taken away from friends I've known all my life.. close family.... but its not bad. Not bad at all.

I wasn't one to step out of my comfort zone. Late twenties.. who cares about personal change.. I'm set in my ways!!

But alas, here I am, outside that comfort zone, experiencing a rare opportunity to live and work abroad in the "old world." Europe. With many of its cities, history, and culture at my disposal.

Its been a quick 108 days. In fact, a a great movie character once said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I've been stopping and looking around, that's for sure, and the only missing I've been doing is of family and friends...

(oh how poetic... anyway..)

Language
A longtime childhood friend has come to visit. And one of the interesting questions he asked me while we walked through the underground..

"Why does it say Way Out? Why can't they use exit?"

3 comments:

kristine said...

YHESSSSSS GOOOSHHHH! home for christmas!! dood we gotta hit up hooters, portillos, and that sunday brunch at drury lane thanksbye.

Renato Tosoc said...

Ferris Bueller. A true classic.

Chica Chan said...

Hey Chris - cool blog! I will be in Chicago this Thursday. We should meet up to trade expat stories! Also Roy said you guys might visit Spain. That would be great!

First, I have to survive the next few days of finals! Eeeek!