Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Dropping by..

In the interest of my devoted blog readers, I wanted to make a few quick observations. (And pls. forgive me for my random streams of thought)

My appreciation of family and friends became more evident this weekend with the many festivities leading to my sister's graduation from nursing school. I'm so proud of my sister's accomplishment! She's going to help save lives!

Laughter
My sister and I are very similar when it comes to our sense of humour. I spent a lot of time hanging out with her friends this weekend and I found that my set and her set of friends are very similar! That same goofy, corny, self-deprecating, off the wall, sense of humour I know and love are truly evident in her circle of friends so I fit right in. Then I realized that this is the type of "group" of people I need to meet in London. They've got to exist somewhere!

Food Portions
Bigger here definitely. Its really something I'm not used to. I've gone to different restaurants since coming back and every meal I've ordered had a large amount of food!

Obesity
With the size of food portions that are served as I've stated, I can only imagine the extent of the problem. I've really noticed that there ARE a lot of more overweight people here!

East Coast
Piano Bar in Georgetown with a drunk scary guy coming up to us with the opening line... "Are you guys from Japan?" then proceeds to put his arm around my shoulder...not sure a Brit would ever do that!

Tomorrow - (the 13th) should be an interesting. Will I have a taste of the Philly Cheesesteak????

1 comment:

ExPat in London said...

Sorry! I'm back in the UK!