Saturday, June 24, 2006

Roadtrip!


I know this is non-London or Europe related.. but blogworthy I guess since people have been asking about "Philly."

Yes, we did get to see Philly as I mentioned in my earlier posts. It was probably the most spontaneous roadtrip I've ever been on. Primarily because we didn't decide to go to Philly until all of us were sitting in the car figuring out what we should do. Seizing the day, without any prior directions or plans, we decided to make it out to Philly leaving DC in the early afternoon! You would think careful planning would be needed, but the best roadtrips are the ones that aren't planned! Just get in the car and go!


I must say roadtrips are the best time to bond with people. And I'm glad we went since I got to bond with my cousins and sis. Very memorable indeed. We did have the Philly Cheesesteak at Ishkabibble which is known to be the favourite for the locals. I promised pics for readers that happen to love food. So here they are!



The Philly Cheesesteak was so good. What was interesting for me was that the bread that it came with was so really tasty. Its not something I notice usually when having a cheesesteak, but this time it made a difference! I'm proud to say that I did finish the whole thing! Who knows when I was going to have the chance to eat another one! Last time I checked there weren't many places selling Philly Cheesesteaks here!

We did end up spending about 6 hours in Philly walking up and down South Street then making it to the steps where Rocky ran up in his movie. We all took turns pretending we were Rocky by running up the steps!

I did have "a fix" again. It was nice but wish it lasted longer.

1 comment:

Renato Tosoc said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM