Sunday, July 09, 2006

My first hip hop club

Dear Blog,

I write you today to tell you my first experience at a proper hip hop club in London. Boy was it fun. I've been to various pubs and bars in London for the past 11 months but it wasn't until this weekend that I finally partied at a proper hip hop club.

We rolled in with about 15 Americans strong and properly showed up with a strong girl to guy ratio. We showed up early to avoid the 10 quid cover and luckily we walked right in. No queue and of course, with more birds than blokes we weren't given any problems getting in.

The club was small but intimate. I started the night with a cocktail named after the club and happily paid the ridiculous price. After a few of my mates making fun of me for having such a "fruity" drink, (it had a strawberry in it, big deal!) I switched to JD and cokes.

As the hip hop music bumped on throughout the night the club slowly filled with more and more people. Beautiful women everywhere.

Time to test my game.

It's been a while since I've been to a club like this so to say my game was a bit rusty is an understatement. But I try.

I spotted my interest, usually there's only one, and throughout the night my fellow wingman egged me on. But I'm shy and lack confidence at times. He made it blatently obvious that I had a keen interest in her. Quite embarrassing to say the least.

When I believed all hope was lost, since I couldn't make a move, I switched my interest and try my luck with one of the women in our party (a friend of a friend) and buy her a drink and try my luck with her.

We head to the bar and exchange mouth to ear conversation. As I order my new interest a drink, I sit at the bar, and as luck would have it, my original interest shows up and literally sits on my lap while she takes shots with her friends.

Oh decisions. What to do. Do I leave the new interest and pursue the original? Of course! We exchange salutations and I mention that I had wanted to dance with her all night. She acknowledges this and knew of my keen interest the whole time. Perhaps it was my wingman's obvious attempts to get us together? Luckily my wingman gives his attention to the new interest and fulfills his role.

The original and I eventually head to the dance floor and what was only minutes seemed like eternity.

In any case I find that she's a student studying fashion and has an internship for the summer. She's from Cali and definitely a wild one. I spit out my game as we sit in the bar and I even say something foolish along the lines of:

"Can I be your sugardaddy?"

And she goes:

"No."

LOL. At least she's honest! I had no idea why I asked that. Maybe I was drunk. Maybe I was trying to be funny. But what I love about it was that she denied my services and I laughed at myself for such a ridiculous question.

We eventually make it to the dance floor and hoping that I'd be dancing with her the rest of the night, she runs off back to her friends. What a tease.

The other girl? Yeah she ended up making out with my other mates. Da well. Maybe that could have been me! Who knows!

Despite my pathetic "game" it was a good time nonetheless. Great music, great fun, beautiful women, and very memorable for my first hip hop club in London.

3 comments:

dk said...

don't you just hate those cock teases?! will you be going going back to the club anytime soon?

ExPat in London said...

rockin' long hair.. and yes, I plan on going to the club again some day.. its a good place.. but there's so many places I have yet to hit to truly refine my "game." lol.

Renato Tosoc said...

Sugardaddy... classic.

That's right up there with

"Oh you know the S4?"

and

"YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!!!!"