Sunday, September 03, 2006

A year later..

As I sit in my flat a year later, I start to think about the experiences I've been through and how it compares to any other year in my life. Its hard to imagine any other year in my life where I've been through so much from a career and a personal standpoint. I've been through some real low points being away, at the same time hit some really high points. I've tested myself in ways I would have never known possible if I didn't take this chance. Which leads to my top 3 things in my "10 things" list.

3) Career

I've never been happier in my whole entire career than I am now. I'm doing things I've always wanted to do and I'm challenging myself and truly enjoying it. This was one of the main reasons why I left in the first place, and what I'm learning and working on these days only enforce the fact that moving here was a good decision.

2) Travel

7 different countries, 17 or so different cities/towns, different cultures, different people, beautiful architecture, amazing food, and unforgettable memories. Yet, I'm hungry for more. Speaking of hungry, hopefully Budapest is the next target!
I've never traveled so much in my entire life and I've truly enjoyed it. Its quite addicting and I just love exploring different cities and embracing new cultures. If I never moved, I would have never seen and experienced as much as I have so far.

1) Not having regret, wondering "What if?"

Deciding to move or not was one of those critical decisions I had to make that would change the rest of my life. I had some serious doubts on whether or not I should go. I remember signing the papers and I still had some doubts about going. But I did it anyway. I took a plunge. I took a chance. And a year later, I'm glad I did. No regrets, no "what if's."

So there you have it. 10 things:

10) Relying on public transportation
9) Partying more that I ever thought possible in this phase of my life.
8) Following the world cup and cheering on the England team.
7) Appreciation for Chicago Weather.
6) Speaking "English".
5) Appreciation of family and friends.
4) Having a blog.
3) Career
2) Travel
1) Not having regret, wondering "What if?"

Honourable mentions:
Eating Indian food, reading more, writing more, drinking more? =)

No comments: