Monday, May 15, 2006

The Fix

I was afraid it would be weird, uncomfortable, maybe even awkward, but it was the same feeling as I remembered. The fix began the same way it ended: Laughter.

A brilliant ice breaker to began it all, and as with any true friendship, we simply picked up where we left off. Yet again, a spectrum of topics were covered and I didn't want it to end. What has only been 2 days, its like I've known her for 20. Perhaps it’s the fact that she reminds me of "back home." Maybe it’s the connection that we have that I have yet to experience since moving here. Whatever it is, I didn't want it to end.

But it did end and who knows when we'll cross paths again. I remain hopeful, but realistic. But I ask myself sometimes, when is it all worth fighting for?

If you believe in this concept of "fate" then things find itself working out on its own and "written in the stars." But if you believe in creating your own destiny, then its your actions that dictate life's outcomes. Everyone has their own view.

My view? There's a balance. There are certain things you can control and must accept and certain things you cannot change. The key is knowing the difference.

I'm trying to figure that out right now.

5 comments:

Chica Chan said...

I am really intrigued by your story! I think you should GO for it!!! Chemistry is difficult to find and to also find someone physically attractive on top of it is difficult. Especially for me! Anyway, I am rooting for you. Keep me posted on how it all works out. Some friends are coming at the beginning of July if you want to pop to Espana. I really want to hit Ibiza or San Sebastien.

Saludos y SUERTE!

dk said...

ok, buddy. here's my 2 cents for you. just simply be yourself. don't think too much or try too hard or worry about screwing something up. in the end, if she is really the right person for you, then everything should just happen easily and naturally. the person you are or become will attract the same kind of person.
btw, i am assuming that this connection you have found is a love interest. isn't it nice to be back in the game/hunt/quest for love?

ExPat in London said...

dk.. love interest?!?! such a strong word!! hardly.. a connection... nothing more, and nothing less..

Rakhee said...

I believe instincts play a big role in situations like this. You can't leave it all up to fate or you'll always wonder, "what if." When in doubt, follow your gut. If you are able to contact this person, with whom you felt a connection with, then why not? Its something special when you feel at ease with another person, especially in such a short period of time. Quite romantic.

In any case, I like your thoughts. And London! That's my second home :-) Enjoy it. It's a wonderful place.

dk said...

so maybe this person is not a love interest, but you did say that you did not want the experience to end because of the connection you felt. then, why not pursue this and fight for this. go after it, take control over this. personally, if i don't try, i have regrets, and i hate having regrets. i would rather try and succeed or fail, than have regrets. i say don't give up too much control into the hands of fate and the stars, because in my eyes, they're unreliable.