Thursday, August 10, 2006

Coming in at number 9....

Is age but a number?

I think I’ve proven to myself in the past couple of months that I can still party like I use to. I know for a fact that if I didn’t make this move, I wouldn’t be partying as much or consuming as much alcohol as I do now. I certainly wouldn’t be staying up till 3-4am trying to catch a bus home after a night of partying and chasing women. Perhaps its just a phase for now, but I just didn’t think I’d get into this “phase” ever again. I compare myself to my peers back home sometimes and what they are up to, and its so strange how I’m at the opposite end of things when it comes to my social activities!

So I guess for #9 on “10 things” would be:

9) Partying more that I ever thought possible in this phase of my life.

I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s the people I hang out with who have this kind of energy that I feed off of. Perhaps it’s because I’m surrounded by a “younger” crowd who has this kind of mentality? Conceivably it could be the wide range of bars/clubs that I have yet to check out in London.

A close friend wrote me the other week about how she does “couple” things all the time now. Since she’s in a relationship, everything they do involves couples. It was quite funny. But I guess that’s what really happens. You end up doing the same similar things depending on your relationship situation and the interests you share amongst each other.

For me it seems as if I’ve surrounded myself with single guys that love chasing women by going to bars and clubs!

I guess I’m just making the best out of the situation while I’m here. Don’t get me wrong, I love a quiet night at the flat over the weekend, reading a book or watching TV but it just gets too depressing!

At the end of it all, I guess when it gets to that point of “settling down” I know for a fact that I did take the time and enjoy what it truly means to be single, independent, and enjoying a carefree lifestyle. I guess I’m just afraid that I like it too much that I wouldn’t have it any other way!

2 comments:

ExPat in London said...

does "partying more" = "and then I took off her knickers" stories?? =) I see no correlation there at all!

Renato Tosoc said...

i wanna hear about the knickers too