Monday, August 28, 2006

Family and Friends

I've been fortunate to be surrounded by amazing friends and family all my life. Its not until I moved here that I've truly appreciated that.

5) Appreciation of family and friends

I remember moving away the first time and getting use to being away from family and friends. It was a new beginning, but due to the social aspect of University, it was easy to make new friends and establish new relationships.

Fast forward 10 years later and I've taken the concept of being away from friends and family to a new level. The relationships I've forged through childhood, high school, and university would be left behind, only to start over again in a completely new country.

Its really hard to start over and make new friends in a new country. But I think its an experience worth going through. You learn about yourself and you tend to push yourself out of your shell just to make new friends.

But at the end of it all, its always nice to go back home and meet up with friends and family. I miss the bonding moments and the goofy times I share with everyone. Even after a year, its still hard to find that same chemistry here that I have back home. Kind of expected I guess since a year can't compare to the long lasting relationships I've established back home.

Bank Holiday
3 day weekend!! Reading Music Festival, Canterbury, and Notting Hill Carnival! So much to blog about, so little time. =)

No comments: