Monday, June 25, 2007

Imagery

I think one of the most powerful things the human mind can do is remember an image. It could be anything. It could be the first time you've seen your favourite band live in the middle of the scorching summer. Perhaps it was the last time you saw a rainbow after a spring rain. Or maybe even a piece of artwork that you checked out in a gallery with a best friend. Images can be very memorable.

Bri and I were talking about everything and anything as usual, and I was telling him about the latest image that was playing in my head lately. It was of a smile.

Have you ever looked at someone, just by chance, and they look straight back at you, as if they knew you were looking the whole time, and they just flash you a smile?
At that moment, you get caught and all you can do is either smile back or sometimes even look away?

Its an image that's so hard to forget. Especially if that person's smile is so contagious, you can't help but smile back!

The image is so powerful that all you want to do is click "File->Save" in your head and keep it forever.

It so funny because you'll be randomly doing something and then unconsciously, you'll play that image in your head and just smile to yourself! Its so hilarious.

As much as you have it in memory, I realised that sometimes that image in my head is not enough, and I just wish I could see that person again and have them smile back at me the way I experienced it the first time!

So next time you make casual eye contact with someone, be it a friend or the opposite sex; without saying a word, flash them a smile and give them an image they'll never forget. =)

2 comments:

dk said...

kudos on your last 4 blog posts! it looks like you're back in the blogging zone - i enjoyed reading the thought-provoking, non-mundane content. keep it going! no pressure. ;-p

Renato Tosoc said...

...image of taking her knickers off?