Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Life is simple

I've been lucky enough to have SkyTV in my flat. This gives me the benefit of watching Fast and Furious 3: Toyko Drift every day this week at 9pm.

I'm not a movie quote freak like my other good friends, but I just love these quotes from the character Han:

"Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

I know in the past that once I've made a choice, I'll sit there and analyse my decision and whether or not I made the right one. But man, just like Han said, make a choice and just live with the benefits or the consequences!

Also,

"Who you choose to be around you lets you know who you are."

Brilliant! I tend to surround myself with improvisational actors. I guess this is a good sign. Although, when we sit in the pub they talk alot about Artsy stuff - like what shows they've seen or theater performances they've attended. And I have nothing to contribute! Guess I have to work on that.

Not sure what's better though. Talking about theater or thespian-like topics with my fellow players, or meeting up with colleagues and talking about geeky stuff like Macs or the latest NP Complete problem. I'd say the former.

But I guess that's the power of "who you choose to be around" because one can run with many social circles! Just have to keep reminding myself of that.

1 comment:

Renato Tosoc said...

"Why'd you let me drive your car? You knew I was gawn wreck it."