Saturday, June 23, 2007

Wow. That's deep.

What a night. I wanted to make sure Bri remembered his last few days of this Euro trip by partying hard, as well as what we are so famous for: engaging in deep, thought provoking conversations about love and relationships..

In the risk of sounding gay, he and I click when it comes to

1. Partying hard
2. Deep conversation

Partying hard.
I'll confess and say that there was one time in my life where I drove down to UofI from Chicago, at 9pm in the evening, just to make it to a party that Bri was throwing at his apartment.. 2.5 hours away. There's a selected few of people that I can party really hard with and he's one of them. When I mean partying hard, I mean... waiting in line for 1.5 hours just to get in a club and staying till the break of dawn, completely exhausted by the physical strain of dancing all night long.

Its called Fabric. Probably one of the top clubs in London. It was probably one of the more memorable club nights that I have had for a while, probably because we experienced the sights and sounds of DJ Qubert and DJ Goldie in one night entirely on accident! Legendary DJs of our time. What a memorable night of hip hop, ol' school and drum and bass.

Deep conversation
After having a short amount of sleep, we were hungry for thai. We headed to a restaurant about 5 minutes away and had one of the longest lunches I've had for a long time. I think we got there around 2pm and left around close to 7. We went back and forth about so many topics, including our past and relationships in general. We compared notes on what we looked in a woman and how our past has made us what we are today.

I remember telling him about what I was thinking lately and I'll never forget what he responded with:

"Wow. That's deep."

Deep conversation is refreshing. Its a skill. Being able to engage with someone and having the ability to share what your thinking can be so powerful and at the same time cleansing to the soul, especially if that other person knows where you are coming from and just understands. Its just nice to unload all these thoughts in my head once in a while and have someone there just to listen.

Writing can capture what you are thinking at an exact moment in time and indeed, can be therapeutic. But bonding with someone and sharing what you are thinking and having them engage in your deep thoughts and opinions on life, can sometimes be so much more powerful.

No comments: