Thursday, June 28, 2007

inhibitions

I think its funny when you are drunk and you free all inhibitions. Why is that? I'm sure there's some weird scientific reason... perhaps its because your blood thins out in your brain and you really can't over analyse what you are thinking or saying.

So I was thinking..

How in the hell did I end up in London? I mean, seriously. This is some crazy stuff. I seriously thought I'd be one of those guys that got into those serious relationships and probably be one of the first to get married.. but man... talk about taking a different path in life. I'm not complaining by no means... its just amazing what you have pictured in your head, and what really happens sometimes...

I mean, who in the hell thought I'd end up here! The first time I visited London, I hated it. But here I am, almost 2 years since my move, and I'm still here!

I seriously think about going home from time to time. I think about how convenient it is back in Chicago and how all my friends and family are there. Even the past couple of weeks I'll admit, I've been having the itch to go back.

But then I think about what I've accomplished in the past 2 years and how amazing my life has been because of my move. Sure, my best friends in the world are miles away, but what I've gone through now has changed my overall outlook in life. The things I've seen and experienced have been priceless.

I think there's going to be a point... when I wake up one morning and say...

"That's enough. I'm going home."

I think tomorrow morning won't be one of those times.

I think it will be like..

"Wow. I have a headache. I drank way too much."

1 comment:

Renato Tosoc said...

The road less traveled, my friend and it's all good. Cheers!