Saturday, January 07, 2006

Back to the Future.

So if someone could predict your future and could tell you where you would be in 5, 10 years, etc. would you do it?

Initially I would say yes, but come to think about it further, I would say no. What fun would life be if you already knew your fate? I wonder how you would live each day?

I found my high school superlatives and it asks:
"Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"

You would think I'd have these high aspirations or high achieving goals when answering this question.

But Being 19, and not knowing much about life, I answered, and I quote:

"Hopefully, I'll be 29."

I think about that answer and I'm trying to understand what I meant by that. Was I trying to be clever? Did I have a weird negative view in life that I didn't think I could live till I was 29?

Well, I made it. But this whole thing about living and working in another country, traveling around Europe and leaving family and friends behind, I would have never guessed.

So I'll pose the question to you, and to myself.. where do you see yourself in 10 years?

For the record:

"Hopefully, I'll be 39."

Thanks all for the birthday wishes!

2 comments:

Abby said...

in 10 years, ill be 35 years young. ill be living life with my dream guy and we'll have a little dream boy jr. and a little abby jr. crawling around. ill be an i/t exec but probably volunteering more within the community. i might have a broken bone or two from all of the extreme sports that i did before hitting the big 3-0 (hang gliding, more skydiving, canopy gliding, etc). instead of going out to the bars and getting drunk, ill probably hold get togethers at our place and just get drunk at home.

Renato Tosoc said...

I believe I make my own destiny so it would be pointless for a fortune teller to tell me anything.