Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Random Thoughts..

Happy New Year!!!

Whew.. Its been a while since I've updated this thing, and I apologise. I've been very busy meeting up with old friends and family that I don't have any "me" time. I guess you can say I tend to write more and be more reflective when I'm not surrounded by people I really care about. ;) Talk about night and day compared to London!

Lots of things have happened since my last post, and I will simply post random thoughts that I've come across the past week or two..

Miami
Nothing like sitting on a beach and watching ladies tan topless. =)

And talk about partying like rockstars. Private seating and complimentary bottle service. Thanks cuz! NYE was a blast and partying till 5AM will take its toll on the body.

Beautiful people. Everywhere. This is my third time in Miami, and talk about eye candy. It never ceases to amaze me how good people look there. Even 60 year old grandmas where white see-through pants. (Someone on our trip took a picture of it.) Everyone looks so good there. I don't know what it is. If there is a place to people watch, try eating outside a restaurant on Ocean Drive or Lincoln Rd. But if you plan on going clubbing, make sure you bring more ladies than dudes, otherwise you'll never get in!

It was a good vacation overall. I laughed so much during the trip. There were times I couldn't even breathe and my stomach hurt! I love that feeling.

ATL and Chick-fil-A
So on the way back we had a stopover in Atlanta. Unfortunately they closed the airport when we were on the way there due to the weather! So all the flights were backed up, and our flight even got CANCELED!

What a pain. Anyway, we end up staying there overnight. Went to the mall and even enjoyed roomservice and the hotel's hottub.

The best part - finally having a sandwich at Chick-Fil-A!! I enjoyed it! Wheat bun with honey mustard and waffle fries.. hmm hmm good. My good friend would talk it up and I agree, it was pretty good.

The worst part - I lost my luggage. I still don't have it as I type this. I never check my luggage in, but this time I did. It's stuck somewhere between Miami, Atlanta or somewhere in the dark corners of O'Hare. Sux.

One last comment - Atlanta people are so nice. Everyone is so kind and helpful. I guess its that southern hospitality.

Board Game Tour
I don't know what it is, but board games are fun. I mean, it passes time and you can get so many laughs out of it. In the past 2 weeks I've played True Colors, Imagine If, Would you Rather, the annual Cranium competition with cousins during xmas, Extreme Jenga and Guesstures. The thing I realised is that I need a board game "clique" in London. I think I'll blog about that when it happens.

Back in the old office
What a weird feeling to be in the old office. The commute, the people, the city. So wierd.

Food
Cross out Portillos and Boston Blackie's off the list as my food tour continues. Still have to hit chipotle.

Finally..
You know how I hate walking around in wet socks?? I blogged about Venice.. wet socks with dirty canal water. I took it to another level by walking on dog urine. Yes, wet socks due to dog urine. I only write about it because people asked if I would. So I have. Happy? =)

3 comments:

kristine said...

well written... except you forgot about how you bought gel. rememberrrr!?!? hahahahha

Renato Tosoc said...

i thought it was dog urine?

ExPat in London said...

You're right renato, I changed it. =)