Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Choose your own adventure: Meat or yoga?

I wasn't one to ditch class during my times at university. I felt bad. Although as the years progressed from being a freshman to a senior, I'd find it easier and easier to ditch class. The funny thing about most of this is that I'd go to class only to fall asleep. I never understood it. I would go to my 8:00AM class psyche myself out and stay up for 10 min, only to pass out in the lecture hall. I could have easily just slept through and get that extra hour of sleep, but I felt guilty not going, so I went anyway, even though I knew I would pass out.

So I came to a similar decision this evening. A fellow employee is in town from the States. They had a plan to go out for drinks and dinner. I was committed to only drinking a pint at the pub before dinner, then going to yoga class, but that didn't work out.

As soon as we left the pub, I told everyone that I was going to yoga. Sure enough I was given a hard time.

Choose your own adventure: Go to Yoga class or free dinner at a nice Argentinian steakhouse?

It didn't come easy. I would ditch my first yoga class for a gluttonous dinner.

And I must say, what a great decision. Starters consised of chicken langoniza, spinich and cheese empanadas, and chirizo. Main course I had the ribeye which probably is the best steak I've had to date in London. It was so good. For sides, I had asparagus (that makes my pee smell) and grilled mushrooms. Top that off with a few glasses of red wine and finally, dessert that was a combination of pancakes and ice cream.

Probably the best meal I've had since I've moved here. Helps it was free too. You have to understand how much I appreciate a good steak these days now that I live here in the UK, let alone a good meal. I believe I've made the right decision. And for all the food lovers out there, I know you believe I did too.

Here comes the sun...
Living here for 5 months has made me appreciate the sun so much more. It was a bright sunny day when I woke up and I'll admit, it effects my emotions. Its cloudy most of the time here and when the sun comes out it puts me in such a good mood.

2 comments:

Renato Tosoc said...

When you wrote "Food Lovers" out there, I'm sure I was one person you were referring to.

Argentinian Steak house. Put that on the list of TO-DO's when I come for a visit. Thanks.

Btw, how was that meal for free?

liss said...

greetings from panama!