Friday, February 17, 2006

Random Thoughts

I love the milk that's left over after I eat a bowl of cereal. But sometimes there's too much milk left and I put more cereal in the bowl. But the milk tastes so good at the end.

I heard a song this morning and it’s by an artist named "Chico." I believe the chorus went something along the lines of "Don't take life too serious, or else you will become delirious." Maybe I'll add that to my London soundtrack.

A new friend is in town so I have the responsibility of acting like a tour guide this weekend. The problem is if someone visiting asks me: "So what's that building?" or "When was the Great London fire?" or "Who was Guy Fawke?" I'll have to have a more thoughtful answer than: "I don't know." The problem is I don't have google in front of me. But I guess I'm slowly learning. By the way, the Great London Fire was in 1666. And well, I've blogged about Guy Fawke.

This online dating stuff can be addicting. Not so much of the actually dating part, but just viewing profiles of all these women. Its like online shopping. The difference between online shopping and online dating is that if I put something I like in my shopping cart and even buy it, I know I'll get it delivered to my door. With online dating, I can express interest, even consider making a date out of it, but you don't get that guaranteed front door service where she just shows up at your door. If it were only that easy. But I guess that where mail order brides come in. =o Not that there's anything wrong with that. =)

3 comments:

dk said...

hey chris,
have you looked into speed dating in london? i'm sure there must be something like it where you show up at a bar or lounge and you go on 10-15 5 minute dates. you'll stick out because of your yankee accent. it's something different you can try. i'm contemplating it myself.

Renato Tosoc said...

Wait, you DON'T get dates delivered to your door? Are you sure you're on the right site?

Renato Tosoc said...

I tried speed dating a long time ago. It's pretty tough. But as a sales guy I liked the energy and pressure of the whole situation. It's very stressful and exciting. You literally have about 10 seconds to sell yourself to complete stranger. If you don't the other 4 minutes or so just turns awkard and boring. So Chris, I'd think you'd be more comfortable doing the online thing because of the privacy and stressless environment... BUT, if you want to continue on your trend of breaking out of your comfort zone I say go for it!! We just chose you an adventure :)