Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy May Day!

Happy May Day. And to celebrate, I'm not going to work! Actually it was a bank holiday today and have just gotten back from another trip! Gotta love the 3 day weekends.

Instead of hitting a popular European city, this time I went into the country!
Destination: Keswick, Cumbria, in what is known as the "Lake District" in England, north of Leeds but still south of Edinburgh.

I spent the weekend with another coworker enjoying outdoor activities such as hiking and mountain biking. Pics to come soon. It was a nice change of pace to enjoy nature and the weather rather than hitting museums, churches and other historical landmarks. I've never been outside of London for a holiday and it was long overdue. It was also my first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast and I would definitely do it again!

1 comment:

dk said...

you and your damn holidays! no fair!